LHP are aware of the need for increased action towards securing a sustainable future. Our first ESG strategy released in April 2021, symbolised our first step towards embedding sustainability into our wider strategic goals.
What we have done so far:
- Calculated our Carbon Baselines for 2019/20 & 2020/21
- Calculated our Waste Baseline
- Launched our first Biodiversity pilot project
- Finalised our draft Net Zero Roadmap
- Embedded ESG questions within our Procurement processes
What we will do in the future:
- Carbon literacy training rolled out to all members of staff
- Release our finalised Net Zero Roadmap
- Improve the quality of our ESG Data and annual reporting
Undeniable evidence now shows that as a species we are causing vast harm to the planet, business as usual is not an option.
On this page you can access all things Sustainability; whether that be our ESG Strategy, tips for saving energy or resources to learn more about how you can garden with local wildlife in mind.
If you have any queries or require any further information on sustainability in our communities, please contact Libby Kerman, Sustainability Manager by clicking here.
Latest NewsRead More
Biodiversity Pilot Project kicks off with wildflower planting
As part of our commitment to a greener future, we’re launching a Biodiversity Pilot Project in communities across our service area. The project kicks off...Read More
Launch of ESG Strategy
We believe that we can and should contribute to a more sustainable future. In doing so, we can create positive environmental and social impacts, and...Read More
SHIFT join journey of continued sustainability commitment
We have employed the services of SHIFT to help us on our sustainability journey. SHIFT is an environmental specialist with expertise in the fields of...Read More