Harassment or anti-social behaviour directed against certain individuals or groups is viewed as hate crime, where it is motivated by an offender’s dislike of someone because of their:
- Race, colour or ethnic origin
- Nationality or national origins
- Religion or belief
- Gender or gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- HIV status
This is not a comprehensive list. Hate crime can include any incident which is perceived by the victim or any other person as being motivated by prejudice or hate.
If you need to report hate crime to us, you can do it online by logging in or registering for our customer portal and smartphone app. Just click the button below.
If you are a resident in North East Lincolnshire, the Hate crime… so do we scheme aims to encourage the reporting of hate incidents and hate crimes through a variety of ways that you will feel comfortable using.
To report a hate incident or hate crime, which can be done anonymously if you wish, you can:
- Call 999 if people or property are in immediate danger
- Call the 24 hour reporting line on 0300 123 4283
- Send a text to 07772 867343
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the non-emergency telephone number 101
- Report hate crime online
- Or drop in to one of the reporting centres, which include Foresight, North East Lincolnshire Council libraries or customer access points, Waltham Parish Council, or L&H Housing.
Don’t tolerate it… report it!