Your Data - Your Rights
looking after your personal data
You have a number of rights under law in regard to your personal data. These are:
1. The right to be informed We have a duty to inform you how your data will be used and to ensure that it is clear and concise, and easily accessible.
2. The right of access You have a right to understand what personal data is being processed and have access to this personal information. This is usually referred to as a Subject Access Request (SAR).
3. The right to rectification You have a right to have your personal data corrected if you believe there are inaccuracies, or it is incomplete.
4. The right to erasure You have a right to have your personal data erased, this is also known as the right to be forgotten. This broad principle gives you the right to have your personal data removed if there is no compelling justification or legislative / regulatory reason to either retain your personal data or continue processing.
5. The right to restrict processing You have a right to block or suppress processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
6. The right to data portability You have a right to data portability, which allows you (in certain circumstances) to have your personal data ported across to another environment/organisation, in a safe and secure way.
7. The right to object You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. We do not use any automated decision making or profiling as part of our activities.
How to access the information we hold about you (known as a Subject Access Request)
In order to ask us about the information we hold, in order to exercise any of your Rights as listed above, you will need to make a Subject Access Request. You can do this by:
Completing a Subject Access Request form available from our Customer Services at either our Chantry House or Westgate Park reception.
In all cases, we will need you to complete a Subject Access Request form so that we can verify your identity before we can progress your enquiry.
Responding to your Request
We will respond to your Request within 30 days. In the majority of instances, this will be with a full reply – however there may be occasions in which the type or depth of information you are requesting may take us longer to complete, or we may not be able to complete. In either of these cases we will still let you know within 30 days.
Escalation of queries
If you feel that we have not answered a data query satisfactorily, or we have neglected to look after your personal data as we should, or we have failed to comply with your rights, you can raise the matter (once you have let us know) with the data regulator:
The Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership Limited registered as a charitable Community Benefit Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with registered number: 7748. Data Protection registration number: ZA345449
Registered Office: Westgate Park, Charlton Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1SQ