Flooding is highlighted as one of the key-climate risks facing the UK. If temperatures rise to a further 2oC, the number of residential properties at risk is projected to increase from 825,000 to 1.4 million by 2050.
We need to be well-informed to ensure we are taking the appropriate steps to protect our homes and families from this increased risk.
One step you can take to become Flood Aware is Flood CPR.
- Check what causes flooding and whether your home is at risk.
- Check your immediate flood risk: Check for flooding – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Check your long-term flood risk: Check the long term flood risk for an area in England – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Plan & Prepare
- How to protect your home and what to do during a flood.
- Create a personal flood plan, a template can be found here: Personal flood plan – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Prepare an emergency flood kit
- Register for flood alerts: Sign up for flood warnings – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Credit to Living with Water: Living With Water | Living With Water