Posted 17 February 2022
Important update regarding amber weather warnings
As you will be no doubt aware from television and radio reports, Storms Dudley and Eunice are set to cause significant damage across the UK. Strong winds are forecast for the following few days, with yellow and amber weather warnings in place across our service area.
We have advised our employees to avoid unnecessary travel, outside work that involves roofs, ladders, platforms, scaffolds etc., and to consider whether the weather conditions present additional hazards on any job.
We’re also anticipating that there could be a loss of power or communication (telephones and internet) across the region.
With that in mind, we’re asking you to be prepared before the peak of the storms.
- Please secure anything in your gardens that may blow away and cause disruption
- Charge up your mobile devices as soon as possible, so that you have some form of communication if power is lost
- If you are expecting us to attend your home for works or are currently in the process of having work done to your property, please be aware that this may be delayed and/or postponed. Our contractors have informed us that no roofing work will be done until Monday 21 February. In addition, if you do have scaffolding around your home, these will be checked to ensure any materials or debris are removed, and battens will be used to secure scaffold boards and any other items. We will be contacting any residents affected by this to advise them of any further precautions they may need to take
- Please make a note of the following key phone numbers and websites:
- In the event of a power cut, please contact Northern Power Grid’s emergency contact line on 105 or their Customer Service Team on 0800 375 675. You can also visit their website northernpowergrid.com
- If you have experienced an issue with your Gas supply to your property, please contact the National Gas emergency helpline on 0800 111 999 or visit cadent.com
- If you have experienced a fallen tree at your property or on LHP land, please contact us on 0345 604 1472. If you have experienced a fallen or damaged tree on a public footpath or highway, please contact the emergency services on 999, if appropriate or if it is a non-emergency contact your local council (Grimsby area (01472 313131), Boston area (01522 782 020)
- If you have experienced structural storm damage to your property or garage, please contact us on 0345 604 1472 and inform your home insurance provider if you have one. If there is structural storm damage to a property that doesn’t belong to us, please contact your local council (Grimsby area (01472 313131), Boston area (01522 782 020)
- If you experience an emergency flooding, please contact the emergency services on 999 or 112. If your LHP property is damaged by a flood, please contact us on 0345 6041472