Posted 20 October 2023
Flood Warnings in place
- move vehicles to higher ground if it’s safe to do so.
- move family and pets to safety.
- move important items upstairs or to a safe place in your property, starting with cherished items and valuables, then furniture and furnishings.
- turn off gas, electricity, and water supplies if it’s safe to do so; never touch an electrical switch if you’re standing in water.
- if you have property protection products such as flood barriers, or air brick covers, use them now.
- keep track of the latest flood risk situation at https://check-for-flooding.service.gov.uk/start-page
We are urging our customers to remain vigilant, and any customers who have been previously affected by flooding, and have additional flood resilient measures, such as flood doors/barriers, please make sure these are closed or installed correctly.
- How far is the water from the threshold of your property?
- Is there a risk of water entering your property?
- If the water is just on the grass area and is not hitting the step into your property, please monitor the water levels and call us back if the water levels increase.
- If the water is hitting the step into your property, please call us immediately and we will raise a 24-hour order to have sandbags dropped off.