In certain types of accommodation, LHP provides lifting equipment to allow customers to move around the building. Commonly, these are passenger lifts located within the sheltered housing units. As with any mechanical equipment it is subject to regular maintenance and inspection to ensure that it remains in good working order. LHP achieves this on passenger lifts by undertaking the following:
- Weekly inspections to ensure that everything appears in good working order.
- Monthly service visits undertaken by our appointed maintenance contractor to ensure that the lift is operating as it should be.
- Six-monthly thorough examinations by our appointed engineering company to ensure that the lift remains legally compliant.
LHP also has an obligation to maintain certain aspects of domestic lifting equipment that may be already installed in a customer’s home. These are:
- Bath Hoists
- Ceiling Hoists
- Through Floor Lifts
These have commonly been installed via funding from a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) by your local authority. In many instances, a warranty period was given at the time of installation where all maintenance obligations remain with the installer – therefore it is important that you check whether a warranty period is still valid prior to reporting any defects to LHP.
Where LHP are required to maintain this equipment, it does so by delivering the following checks via its approved contractors:
- Six-monthly servicing undertaken by our appointed maintenance contractor to ensure that the lift remains in good working order.
- Six-monthly through examinations by our appointed engineering company to ensure that the lift remains compliant.
- Undertaking any repairs that are required to ensure that the equipment remains in good working order where it is financially viable to do so.
Should your own personal circumstances change to the point of where you feel you require lifting equipment installing within your home to assist with mobility, then you should request a referral from an Occupational Therapist at your local authority who will begin the process of an assessment of your needs. Please remember that any installation of a DFG would be subject to an application of a tenant alteration.
We would like to remind all building users to report any issues or concerns, no matter how small they may be, with regards to any lifting equipment so that LHP can arrange for the equipment to be inspected.