Insuring your home
Many customers think that as your landlord we automatically insure your furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage such as burst pipes. But this isn’t the case – we insure the buildings you live in but not the contents inside them.
If you look around the room, think about how much it would cost to replace your belongings if they were damaged or destroyed – it soon adds up!
We’ve teamed up with RSA Insurance Group plc to offer the Simple household contents insurance scheme exclusively to our tenants and leaseholders.
The benefits include:
- affordable premiums
- pay premiums weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually
- 24 hour claims helpline
- no excess to pay when making a claim
- new for old cover (except clothing & household linen where an allowance for wear & tear is deducted)
- temporary increase in cover around weddings and religious holidays
- claim if you have items stolen by a bogus caller, money and credit cards are excluded
- cover the cost of any rechargeable repairs you are liable for
- fast and efficient claims service
- optional extras provide: full accidental damage for contents in the home, cover for hearing aids in and away from the home, cover for personal belongings, wheelchairs and pedal cycles away from the home
Being insured gives you peace of mind and the security of knowing that should anything happen as a result of an insured event, you’re covered. Policy limits and exclusions apply.
So don’t leave yourself at risk. We strongly recommend that you have insurance either through our scheme or by making alternative arrangements with another insurance provider.
You can download the application (tca00812020-lincolnshire-nhcb1-v11-app-aug-20.pdf (lincolnshirehp.com)) and product information (IPID.0290.5.2020 NHCB1 IPID 07.07.20 (lincolnshirehp.com) on the scheme; or you can request a copy from us below.