Thinking about carrying out some work on the property? Here’s what you need to think about before starting the project.
What type of work needs permission?
If you are thinking of altering or changing the fabric of the building or changing the fixtures and fittings or even landscaping the gardens you will most likely need our permission before starting the work, this includes:
- Solar panels
- Alterations to stairs and handrails
- Altering internal layout including structural work
- Wall panelling
- Light and socket fittings
- Plumbing and heating alterations including outside taps
- Alterations to bathrooms and kitchens
- Paving, concreting, patios and hard standings
- Porches, garages and sheds
- Roof and gutter works
- Dropped kerbs
- Fitting gas cookers or fires when the supply isn’t available
- Satellite dishes
This list is not exhaustive. If in doubt, ask first before starting the work.