Transferring a tenancy when your needs or circumstances change

Sometimes your housing needs or circumstances change and you may wish to transfer your tenancy.

There are various ways to do this:

Assigning a tenancy

When you transfer or ‘sign over’ the rights and responsibilities of a tenancy from an original tenant(s) to a new tenant(s) because of a change in circumstances.

Mutual exchange

This is when tenants agree to swap their homes (with our permission)


The right of someone who lives with you to take over your tenancy when you die.

Court order

When the court orders that the transfer must take place as part of a divorce or separation proceedings. We could require proof of the court order in this case.


Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size