- Do notflush rags, cotton wool, sanitary products, baby wipes, condoms, nappies, plastic or similar materials down the toilet as they will block the drain. Put them in the bin instead.
- Do notput cooking fats, oils, grease and food waste down the sink, plugholes or your outside drains. Allow this waste to go solid and then dispose of it in your bin.
- Dispose of medical items like needles and syringes in special Sharps bins.
- Recycleunwanted cooking oil at a recycling centre.
- Only use recommended amounts of washing powder for your load. Washing powder can solidify and cause the drain to block.
- Don’tleave food waste on plates and cutlery when using a dishwasher. This will be flushed down the drain and could cause a blockage over time.
- Try to keep your guttering and drains clearof leaves and garden materials.
- Kids will be kids! Try to prevent your children putting toys down the toilet!
Remember, you will be recharged for repairs that are found to be caused by abuse, misuse, willful damage or neglect. This includes unblocking sinks, drains and toilets blocked due to neglect.